The Great Waterfront Trail Adventure
Friends, Finds, and Fun, the top three reasons people keep coming back to the Great Waterfront Trail Adventure (GWTA).
Although freedom and food are high on the list too! Bring friends or make friends. Find new local wines, hidden treasures, and unique communities. Feel the wind, water, and earth in a new way. Experience the freedom of slowing down, stopping, and trying something new. 99% of our 2016 participants will recommend the GWTA to friends and family. Check out the testimonials.
Ride with us from August 6 to 12, on the 2017 GWTA as we celebrate Canada's 150th Birthday by riding from Point Pelee National Park to the Rouge National Urban Park. Read more about the 2017 Route and Itinerary.
Join us for 40 -105km of riding per day as we travel along the Waterfront Trail from beautiful Point Pelee to the Rouge River.
SNIPPETS OF WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Reconnect to Canada's Great Lakes! The Waterfront Trail is a key part of a strategy to protect, connect and celebrate the earth's largest group of freshwater lakes.
- Discover vibrant communities and beautiful rural vistas; experience delicious local food and entertainment; enjoy charming shops and unique local businesses.
- Eat, shop, learn, discover, relax ...
- Optional shuttle van at designated rest stops.
- Daily luggage transportation.
- Camping in scenic National and Provincial Parks and community grounds. Hotel options available.
- Daily itinerary and maps.
- Meet and greet receptions
- Celebration Dinner
- Check out the itineraries for more information. Use the submenu to the right, or the main menu to find out more about the tour.
I had an amazing time and this is only possible because of the work that is done behind the scenes with the GWTA team. Congratulations on another successful year. You did an outstanding job and you have a great team. --Participant GWTA 2016
I look forward to and love this adventure every year. I have chatted it up enthusiastically at home and elsewhere and am continually recommending it to others. It is truly an exceptional experience and I cannot imagine a summer without the GWTA. I am afraid of missing the deadline next year (like a reoccurring nightmare!) so please sign me into two slots as I'll be bringing a friend!! --Participant GWTA2016
They have been doing this for so many years and each year incorporate the wisdom and learning from the past years into each new year. We, the riders benefit from this and I want to repeat my appreciation and gratitude to each and every one of you for your very being. The GWTA team ROCKS ! --Participant GWTA 2016
I thought the Indian Hills lunch 'event' was the most memorable hour of the entire week. It was so authentic and hopeful. It shows the connections GWTA is making with communities which I'm very proud to support. Great work!! --Participant GWTA 2016
What a great trip! Thanks to all involved. It was so well planned and organized, and perhaps the best bike event I participated in, and I have ridden in many, many events over the years in Ohio, Michigan, Kentucky, Indiana, and Wyoming. --GWTA 2014 Participant
I did it last year and now I am hooked. This is an addiction that I don't want to kick. Did I say I loved it? The communities along the way were so incredible in the way they came out and greeted, fed, supported us as we made our way along the route. The staff organizing this trip are beyond wonderful!
--GWTA 2013 Participant