The Great Waterfront Trail Adventure
Thank you to all our wonderful community partners for an outstanding 2014 GWTA along the St. Lawrence River Waterfront Trail. Thank you to our 150 participants--some of you old friends, many of you now our new friends. You rode through the rain, wind, heat and cold to visit wineries, breweries, beaches, communities, museums and shops. Relive and reflect on the great times by reviewing Erika Jacobs photos and The Kickstand, Kaitlynn Dodge's Blog.
Photos from 2014:
DAY 1 Brighton to Picton
DAY 2 Picton to Kingston
DAY 3 Kingston to Gananoque
DAY 4: Gananoque to South Dundas (Iroquois)
DAY 5: South Dundas to Cornwall
Friends, Finds, and Feelings, the top three reasons people keep coming back to the GWTA. Although freedom and food are high on the list too! Bring friends or make friends. Find new local wines, hidden treasures, and unique communities. Feel the wind, water, and earth in a new way. Experience the freedom of slowing down, stopping, and trying something new.
Ride with us from August 11 to 15, 2014 along the Canadian shores of the St. Lawrence River. Register here.
40-60 km of riding per day plus optional challenge loops of 50-60 km to take you through new communities off the Waterfront Trail.
SNIPPETS OF WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Hop-on, Hop-off the shuttle van at any rest stop.
- Eat, shop, learn, discover, relax ...
- Discover vibrant communities and beautiful parks; experience delicious local food and entertainment; enjoy charming shops and unique local businesses.
- Register for any number of days or the whole 5 days.
- Check out the itineraries for more information.
- Use the submenu to the right, or the main menu to find out more about the tour.
"I did it last year and now I am hooked. This is an addiction that I don't want to kick. Did I say I loved it? The communities along the way were so incredible in the way they came out and greeted, fed, supported us as we made our way along the route. The staff organizing this trip are beyond wonderful!"